Book Dr. G to Speak At Your Next Event
The word ‘doctor’ comes from the latin verb docere, which means to teach. As an internal medicine specialist I found that my greatest pleasure and impact was not only caring for my patients, but also teaching them and the individuals who were responsible for their care.
I did this as a Chief Resident, as a preceptor for nurse practitioners and physician assistants, as a national speaker on HIV in corrections and as a volunteer instructor for a variety of life skill programs that I developed and taught in prison.
I love to speak to groups large or small who are interested in a unique, holistic approach to difficult problems that we face in both the medical and correctional world.
I am an expert speaker in the following areas:
- A wholistic approach to addictions ( the opioid epidemic will be a major topic this year)
- A systems approach to decrease mass incarceration
- The pros and cons of the prison industrial complex
- The role of a healer in prisons
- Understanding PTSD and what can be done
- How to deal with difficult people
- The benefits of re-integrating inmates into society
- Why mentoring at risk youth is vital to society
- How to take your passion and make a positive impact in prisons
- What should be done with the aging population in prison
- The history of medicine in prisons